If you are going to ALA Midwinter in Philadelphia please stop by booth #1871 to say hi to us and see a demo of PlumX.
Here are some other places you can catch us besides the exhibit hall:
ACRL STS Hot Topics Discussion Group
- What: Come and join the STS Hot Topics Discussion Group as we address the issue of Altmetrics! Altmetrics are a set of new and/or emerging metrics used to measure the impact of scholarship in different ways as an alternative to older metrics, such as the Impact Factor and H-Factor. The program will begin with a lively introduction by Rachel Borchardt of American University and Andrea Michalek of Plum Analytics covering: the concept of altmetrics, why they are needed, recent developments, tools, and ways to use them. This will be followed by an even livelier guided discussion of how you might be able to put altmetrics to work at your institution.
- When: Sat. 1/25, 1:00pm – 2:30pm
- Where: Loews Hotel (view session)
EBSCO & Plum Analytics: Introducing PlumX
- What: Plum co-founders Mike Buschman and Andrea Michalek will spend an hour discussing altmetrics and showing PlumX, Plum Analytics altmetrics product, and answering your questions.
- Details: Come and hear about a new tool that adds value to the research process at your institution. PlumX is an impact dashboard that provides evidence of how research output in all its forms is being utilized, interacted with, and talked about around the world. Harvesting metrics from a multitude of online sources, PlumX offers an exciting new way to see the influence of researchers, groups, and institutions. You no longer have to wait for years until research is eventually cited before you gain insight. Don’t limit yourself to articles—PlumX tracks dozens of artifact types. Through summaries and visualizations of the data you can quickly see metrics never before available. You can also dive into the data using the PlumX too lset or export to it to the tools you currently use.
- When: Sun. 1/26, 3:00pm – 4:00pm
- Where: Convention Center, Room 122B (view session)
If you are not going to be at Midwinter, we are hosting weekly webinars so you can learn more about Plum Analytics and PlumX. They will be held on Wednesdays at 12:00pm EST. To register go to http://www.meetme.so/PlumX.
Also, feel free to email us if you have any questions.